Friday, April 11, 2008

Late Night Blog, 12 am!




It's 12 am Saturday April 12th. I'm not quite to the sleepy point yet, even though Brayden has a soccer game tomorrow at 9 am, I should be counting the sheep.
Lately on this blog I get a thought running through my head and just come in here and start blabbering away. Well guess what? I have nothing running through my head, but I just enjoy blogging.
I have recently taken a part-time job at Lowe's here in Searcy. I was getting bored with insurance and Arkansas is not the best place to sell insurance. All the medicare special sessions ran out on march 31st so now I can only sell to those who are turning 65 and to medicaid disabled people. So spring hit and I got the plant fever again. Lowe's hired me to work in their garden department. 3 years out of the business and I forgot how out of shape I had become and how my plant knowledge went to the back of my brain to become a couch potato.
I'm enjoying it alot! I always knew I had a calling and I guess it is in the plant business, I just can't keep out of it. I always enjoy when somebody asks me about a plant type and chemicals, i just love talking about it.
I went to school to be a radio-tv major and just lost all interest in it, so I stayed in the nursery business i felt it just came natural. In insurance the drive is the money behind it, I don't really feel like talking about it at all to anybody. I do like sharing Aflac with people though, I guess it's because it can really help people. But getting people to buy it is very difficult, it's something extra they would have to spend their money on just in case something might happen. They just don't understand.
I had made a friend at Cingular when I worked there. He came in, an older man and we hit it off. He is from Princeton,WV and lives down here in the winter and resides there in the summer. He is a member of the Church and his daughters both work for Harding. So he would just stroll into Cingular and just wanted to shoot the breeze with me. After I left cingular he would come in looking for me and worried about me and what I was doing. I hadn't seen him for about a year and I was wondering what he was up to. Well, he found me at Lowe's, and I was very happy to see him. He will talk your ear off and I don't mind. He's been in three times since, and we stand there and talk about WV and whatever else comes to mind. The only thing is I don't know his name. I don't think we ever told each others names, of course mine is displayed on a name tag. But it's nice to have someone to talk to about home every once in awhile. God brought him to me for a reason. And I am thankful.
Well the penguins took another one tonight and it was fun listening to it on the radio through the Internet. I love to listen to Mike Lang make the call. And I guess the Pirates still realize they are the worst team in town again. When are they going to wake up and realize they stink? They need some money and a better front office. Hum, who could they get some direction from to become better? There are two teams right there in town that could show them some way to get back into winning. Oh, well I'm getting tired and need to count the sheep, have a good weekend and remember to say a prayer or two.

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

Great Blog!
www.lowesredapron.com