Monday, July 07, 2008

Humbleness At It's Greatest!


We parents who have children can't wait every year to get our kids on Santa's lap and snap those pictures. It's the highlight of the years of raising children, but a very hectic situation also. You only get so many minutes or shall I say seconds for them to sit and spit out what they want and get the perfect pictures.
I look at this picture and just can't imagine what this experience would be like. Would there be a line for such a moment? Would there be pushing and shoving to be first in line? Would there be foul language because the $500 digital camera from Walmart won't work?
Jesus loved children and was disappointed when the disciples rebuked the children.
Matthew 19:13-14 Then little children were brought to Jesus to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Can you imagine what Jesus would say to your child if this could ever happen? What a blessing it would be to say that the saviour of the world held your child and blessed them. Our children would not know what to say, but I am sure we would if we were held by our Lord. We would see love we could never give or know. A moment in time when all things would be great, our answer would be holding us. We would finally know that none of us are alone, peace would run through our bodies and souls that could not be explained. A moment in time when we would cry not because we are stressed but because we are at peace finally.
I often think about trying to be a more loving person and I think about the love of Jesus. I don't know how loving he was. We read about it in the Bible, but his love is more than we can fathom, we will never know how much he loves. He is the founder of love and to be held by him we would finally comprehend it.
This picture is to me humbleness at it's greatest. He would just give us a glance of love and give us as much time as we needed. I don't think I would quit crying, I don't think I could leave his grasp. I don't think I would gripe I would just say thanks the best I could and just soak up the love. If we think deeply enough we are being held in the Lord's hands, we are protected to the fullest. We think our lives are failing bad, and that we are alone. We are not alone, we just make ourselves to feel alone. A prayer tonight before you close your eyes will put you in the lap of Jesus. This will be you in the picture as you pray your fears away. God bless everyone!

No comments: