Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Back From A Little Hiatus


Well the family came and visited and we had a good visit, just pray that they have a safe trip back to Wheeling.
So life is back to normal here in Searcy, the temperature is rising close to 100 degrees and the humidity is thick. August is swiftly approaching and you know it by the heat here. I am ready for fall and winter to be here quickly.
As I was driving to work today I happened to look at the sun through the sun visor on my truck windshield and thought about the shape of it. It's completely round, a perfect circle. Same shape as the moon and our planet. Have you ever wondered why God chose the shape of the circle for these objects. If anybody has any input on this it would be nice. I think he chose the shape of the circle to show his complete and binding love. He is a circle of love that cannot be broken. It's something to think about though. Why a circle? Why not a triangle or a square?
I'm am very thankful for my parents and sister and her family visiting this week. I miss them very much and sometimes feel guilty for being down here. I feel sometimes I should be up there lending a helping hand to them. But I feel my reasons for being here Searcy are good ones though. It's a blessing for my children to be in a Christian school and our Church here is great and full of love. I've become a little better in dealing with my love/hate relationship with Searcy. It's not a bad town to live in. As we drove to church Wednesday night I looked at most of the cars driving and it seemed most of them were going to church, to me that was remarkable. When you think about the different places in this country and think about how many other places might not have as many people going to church on a Wednesday night. It makes me feel great that good and faithful people live here.
What might our country be like if at least 70% of its citizens were headed to worship the living God on a Wednesday night. Things might be better. What if 100% went? But it would be a long shot for something like that to happen. But wouldn't it be great? I think we should pray about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't feel guilty for being here in Searcy and your family in Wheeling. God has a plan for you and he has you right where he wants you.