Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unfaithful In Marriage



I heard some very disturbing news the other day, that just made me feel horrible. A friend of mine had been married to a girl for a few years and they had a child together. The two are members of the church and were very good friends with me.

I had just found out that his wife had an affair on him and left him for good. But the most disturbing part was who the affair was with. I won't go any farther with this but it really disappoints me when people of the faith give in to temptation like this. We are the children of God. We are to hold up a reputation like Christ, we know what the Bible says about things like adultery and other things. Yet we are weak and give into things we shouldn't. I'm just so disappointed with a certain person that it just makes me want to scream. He was a leader at a certain Christian institution and I really looked up to this person, that it just breaks my heart. If I ever see this person again what do I say to him, how do you handle this situation.? I guess I would have to go to the abbreviation W.W.J.D? What would Jesus do? I know what he would do, Forgive!

When somebody creates a sin like this one they aren't thinking about the future and the eternal consequences. It's an impulse and they act on it, just like us with any of our sins. When it comes to adultery it can hurt so many people in the long run. Nobody can trust that person anymore, the children are hurt more than anything and just facing other family members would be horrible. I just don't understand why somebody would give in to such a temptation.

We as Christians need to think about our future with God and think about what we are doing before we do it. I think everyday how great it will be to be with our Father in heaven. I think about my choices and think about the dumb choices I make. Why did I do that? What was I thinking, I should not have said that! I have an easy time with forgiving others, but adultery is something I have a hard time forgiving. It's the big No NO! It's something I need to work on, but it's hard to forgive somebody of.

I just love my wife so much and we have a great relationship and a solid marriage. We've made 3 beautiful children that love us a lot and trust us so much, I just couldn't see breaking up something that God has joined together. He is the maker of this family and who are we to do something to destroy it. We are honest with each other about everything and are always together and enjoy being with each other. I'm not perfect and have no right to judge anybody but I know where I want to be when I leave this Planet and my life is going to be lived to the best I can in the image of Jesus Christ and nothing less will do.

We need to pray for our marriages and pray for Satan to stay out of our lives. He will do all he can to break apart the bond of a Christian marriage and family. We need to forgive those who have given into this temptation and help them through such an event. Before I went to bed last night I prayed for these three mentioned above and hope that two of them have asked for forgiveness and prayed for my good friend that he can make it through this and find somebody he can trust.

No comments: