Thursday, July 03, 2008

Worry Free With God



Do your moods go up and down? Boy, mine do! I don't know why but they do. I find myself at my worst when I am hungry. I could bite a lion's head off because of hunger pains. I came home tonight at 7 and all I could think about was getting something in my stomach. Of course I had 4 people trying to talk to me at once and just didn't have any patience to handle it. So I finally got some pizza down me and my mood was alot better.


But there are times when I just get down, and try to understand why. I'm just not hopeful sometimes. Of course alot of my issues are trying to survive in a town with no good jobs. I just feel no potential can be gained in a small town. Everybody says go work in a factory job or work with one of the gas companies. I have no desire to do anything like that at all. So everybody will say then quit complaining.

But I always believe something good is going to happen soon. I used to look for something big to happen, which never does. So I learned through the gifts of God to look at things in small packages. And wait for it to happen. I believe prayer has been my answer to getting out of these bad moods. Releasing it to our Father above works, not praying and not turning over my problems doesn't do me any good. I have to release the problems and know God will take care of them for me.


We need to rejoice that we have an answer to our problems and solutions to them. Years ago I always thought God didn't want my burdens and didn't have any time to deal with them. I was wrong! I've learned through reading the Bible and other Christian writers that God wants our issues he wants to know our daily struggles and wants to solve them for us. I just release them and forget about them and know I have reported them to a higher power. I always grew up thinking God was this stern figure who was a disciplinarian and not the loving figure He actually is. We in the church have changed this view of him. He is a gentle and kind loving figure who needs our love. He wants us to be a good friend to him and give him our love and praise. He wants us to report to him and ask questions. He knows our moods and our burdens very well. Through his son he felt our pain of temptation and our physical pain. He wants to be needed and praised , he wants to be the best friend we ever had. He will answer our prayers soon or later, but for now he wants you to know he is there right now keeping us from going under the water. We think he barely keeps our head above water, but if we saw it from his view we are standing on an island with everything we will ever need. Through faith and prayer we will make it through our periods of being down and feelings of being alone. He is a timeless figure who has plenty of time to heal us and bring us true happiness and peace.
Psalm 66:5 Come and see what what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf.

No comments: