Monday, May 18, 2009

Did You See God At Work Today?


I saw God at work today. I didn't realize it, but I did. As the day slowly turned into night I saw God surrounded by a campfire tonight. I looked at my son Brayden and saw a child healed by God. A couple of weeks ago I saw a different child. A child that wasn't himself who was sick and I saw a very scared child. And we were two very scared parents with no answers from the doctors. Tonight he went to his final cub scout meeting and was playing with his friends and throwing things in the fire to watch them burn. I looked up to the tree covered canopy and just looked at its beauty and was amazed that God had shown me his miracle. A healthy son.
If you didn't see God today then you walked into His creation blinded. His creation was a sight to behold. I saw it and I stand in awe! What a vision of beauty. God has never let us down. We tend to think he has because we are selfish and want the answer now.
I looked at that campfire tonight and was given a thought by Him. Fire is a basic commodity these days. With all the modern technology we have to heat with today. We don't realize how important it was back in history for people to use it to keep warm. God gave our ancestors fire so they would not freeze. Even then God was at work. He kept them safe and warm from the elements. To them it was a gift. Tonight it was a gift to me to see God has kept us from sinking in this world. Look at everything there is to look at in this world and realize it is God who gave it to us. It is a gift we don't deserve and never will. Yet through His love and mercy He felt he needed to give us these things so we can realize we are not alone. He is here and he is giving us every opportunity to see Him.
Every breath, He is working.
Every finger movement, He did that.
Every bird that sings, He did that.
Every leaf on a tree, He counted them and made them come alive.
Look and see he is working!

No comments: