Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Hungry World



"And may you feed a hungry world through me."

This phrase can pierce your heart. It got me thinking. I know what I am supposed to be doing, but I am not doing it. We are to feed His sheep. Are we doing it?

Our world is hungry for understanding. It needs some kind of reasoning and healing. Our people our hurt and confused. We as Christians are not completely doing our Lord's work like we should. I am in that category too. There are many though who are doing their share, but there are many of us who are slacking in this department. Again I fall short in the Lord's work. And I am ashamed of it.

I work with many who know nothing about their Lord and are lost. Wandering around not knowing their purpose. Satan does play a large role in our procrastination. HE makes other things more important than doing the Lord's work.

We went to Little Rock today and landed in the Old Navy store. They had Flip- Flops for a dollar a pair. When we walked in the door I couldn't believe my eyes in what I saw. A store full of women with lots of these flip - flops in their hands. The lines at the register was almost at the back of the store. I was ready to go! A large crowd of women makes nervous. It was just Crazy! We stayed a little while, then Shannon felt it was a waste of time. Thank goodness!!!!!!!

But I thought about that situation the whole day. The "craze" that was driven by a pair shoes made out of foam, rubber and two straps to keep them on your feet was not God's intentions for all of us in that store. He had other jobs for us today, but Satan made it a top priority for us. What are we doing with His time?

I am focusing this blog on the topic of service this week. Serving others, our driven purpose for our lives and others. A lot of times I have service on my mind, but have no idea where to start or know who needs my attention. It's tough, but the littlest things can bring goodness to others. You don't have to go out and feed the multitudes like Jesus did. But we can serve the tiniest of groups and God will see our goodness to others. Our world is hungry. Don't think that people don't want your help because they do. We need to ask God where we can share His goodness to someone and He will reveal a lot of things you can do. I have had three ideas on my mind that would really be good, just haven't hit the motivation button yet. Look at your world around you and see the needs of others. Remember it's not our time we're wasting it's His.

No comments: