Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!



Happy New Year! I have been on my 6 day stretch at work so I really haven't much time to write about the new year. Our New Years eve consisted of me working until 6pm and then heading to have dinner with one of Shannon's friends from high school. I had never met before, and just didn't know what to expect. They turned out to be a very sweet couple and we had a great time with them. I was the only one awake to bring in the new year. Which is usually the case every year.


I left the past year with amazement, with this burrito of GREAT proportions. It broke the record for burritos. This was called "The Big Burrito!" My goodness it was huge, and no I didn't order it. Shannon's friends husband did, and he ate the whole thing. It was 12 inches long and about 4 inches wide and thick. I'm still amazed.


But I welcomed the new year with great anticipation and hope. I wanted to continue on with the blessed year of 2008 we had. I always look at a new year in the past as lousy. I always say "another year, I just got used to the past year." I have pledged some resolutions and I am going to keep them. I'm not going on any special diet or going to do anything crazy. I am going to eat less chocolate and get started on eating more fruit though. That has already 'flat lined."


But I decided to do some spiritual things, things I really want to do. Plus saving some money is also one. I feel like the one major project I have decided is to have more confidence in myself. I want to quit making excuses for things and just do them, and believe I can do them. I want to allow God to be my guide and instill in me what was supposed to be in me. No more excuses and allowing Satan to keep me from doing things because he makes me less confidence of my abilities. We think all that Satan does to us to sin is bad behavior, not going to church and making people feel bad. He does more by taking away our confidence, by stealing our hearts and keeping us from seeing our full potential in God. He steals us away from our God, and keeping us from seeing His fullness. We need to hear our Lord's direction for our lives and block out all negativity.


I started reading a book titled, "Finding Calcutta." It's a story about the mission work of Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa's phrase was, "Do something beautiful for God." What a way to mark out your path in life. Do something beautiful for our Creator. Let this quote be your direction for this year and the rest of our lives. Let's do something beautiful for God, and be beautiful for God in everything we do. It's not about us, it's about Him and bringing about His glory. Have a great 2009 and do something beautiful for God.

No comments: