Monday, January 19, 2009

What Will They Say About us?


I was sitting watching America's game on the NFL network. It was about the 75 Steelers and I listened to what the older players were saying of their teammates. Then something clicked in my mind. What will they say of us? What do people think of us?
I really don't have a clue about what people think of me. I really don't think much about it. I try my best to be a friendly person and entertain others with my humor. But it doesn't come across my mind of what others think of me. I'm not a person who thinks that nobody says anything bad about me. I'm sure there are a lot of people who may not care for me very much, but I believe that is their problem. I just go on daily and be me. We can't satisfy everybody and everybody can't satisfy us. I can't say I don't say things about others, especially about those I work with. I look everyday and look at how those around me just don't do their job and it bothers me that they're lazy, I know I can be lazy sometimes also.
But what will they say when we leave this Earth and go to the other side. What will they say of you? It always seems we all say things that we should've said when they were alive. While we remain here we degrade and belittle each other and then when someone passes we say good things about them. Why is that? The time is now when we should be saying good things and great things to each other, not when the person is dead and gone.
So my question is What are we telling each other? Are we tearing others down, or are we trying to tear down walls and make others happy by telling others how much they mean to us and how good of an example they have been to us. It's so hard to tell someone how we really feel about them. It's hard to go to someone and say you really inspire me and you are fine example of Christ. I know it's hard to break that wall down of fear and tell somebody how much they are appreciated. It's time we start. including myself!
My other reason for this post is what are we doing to be a fine example to others. What do people say of us? How can we change their perspective of us? None of us really want to hear what others think of us. My theory is I don't care. Which is not a good way to deal with it. I am what I am, and no one can change that. That's what I think of someone who might not like me. It's not a good attitude though, but I am not going to stress myself out about it. I have changed that a little bit though. I really need to change things I do everyday, but not to please everybody. But to at least show people I am trying to be a good Christian. I can be ignorant of people sometimes. I have trouble relating to quiet serious people a lot, or looking at people in the eye and saying hi to them. I guess that is my shy side. But there are many people I can relate too and really have a good relationship with, but they might see me differently than I think I do.
A fine example is something we all have been through, those of us that are married. In-laws!
I really don't think my in-laws don't like me and it shows sometimes. I sometimes don't let it bother me and sometimes it just drives me mad. But 90% of the time it doesn't bother me and I really don't care at all. Then there isthe other 10% percent that just makes me boil and it's wrong to let this kind of thinking rattle us, but it does. We all have been through this with our in-laws and I will probably be a bad in-law also. At least I have plenty of time to not become one of those in-laws, but this just an example of what I am talking about. How are we living our lives so that others will be proud to say something great of us when we pass on. Will it be good or horrible of what people say of us when we will be gone.
I want it to be good. We are not perfect and never will be, but at least that we followed God and acted in the right way of His will. A girl I work with has a horrible attitude for everything and I just want to slap her sometimes and say, "get with it, nobody says anything good about you and you need to change." She just lives a careless, wreck less life and it just bothers me. I get along with her though and she has it in her to climb out of this hole she has dug herself into, but she doesn't care. She makes our job harder because she doesn't want to do anything, and doesn't care if she offends anybody. She has a problem with alcohol, and is on the last string from being fired. I was told if she smells like alcohol to report her. She smelled like it the other day and I was wanting to report her, but I could feel God holding me back. It just didn't feel right. Maybe He's pushing to work with her, maybe he sees something in her like He does in all of us. Hope!
We all need a slap in the face to work on our attitude in life and how we live it. There is hope for us all. A chance to just be who we are and tweak it a little bit, so others can find something good about us and find hope in the way we live. Before we talk bad about someone let's find the good things about people and tell them how appreciated they are. Who knows they might have something good to say about us. Live like Christ and no one will say anything bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should ask god to make you a better writer.

Clint Singer said...

You should ask God for you to not hide behind that anonymous said feature.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or complementing? But I'll take it as both!