Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lazy Americans Put Me In a Bad Mood!



I have to say I have been in a horrible mood this week. I think I have hit burn out finally! I have been trying to figure what brought about this bad attitude of mine. I mean I have been to the point where I have just been trying to get away from people at work. We all know that is hard to do, especially when my fellow coworkers are used to seeing me joking around and really not ever being unfriendly. But I have been, I guess I have really seen the reality of things and the way people can be some times.

I think it is a lack of vacation and wondering why certain people get the perks in life and I don't. I really see how lazy and disrespectful people can be, especially when it comes to working. I wonder why some people get to where they are and they are really horrible workers and are just there for a paycheck. Many people who get promoted think that means they think they can get out of working, not in my world. In my world you get promoted, you get to work more. I finally told some that I work with I won't be doing their work anymore. If their stuff gets put in my department and they don't put it away too bad I'm not doing it. People just think they can get out of doing things because of a certain title. I'm not that kind of person I do what I am responsible for and more. But I am tired of their laziness.

I hate the phrase "Work smarter, not harder." My phrase is work smarter and harder! We Americans have become shallow and weak. We figure since we are Americans we have no need to work, just let the Mexicans do it. One day the Mexicans will figure it out and we will be working for them.

I don't want a pity party for my bad disposition, it's my problem. But I hope I have somewhat come out of it. I'm not a routine person, I get bored easily. I don't like down time when it comes to a job. I want to be busy the whole entire time I am there. Many like to go and socialize and not do their part of the work. I'm the opposite, I will talk and joke with people but I will only do it as I work. I don't have A.D.D when I work, I am focused and want things done and then move on to the next project. I guess it's cause I don't want to be there and would really like the time to go fast so I can get out of there.

Have you ever wondered why certain people gets the perks in life and there are those that work their tail off and get nothing? We all have thought about it and it just doesn't seem fair. I try to figure it out and come up with nothing. I guess it's who's tail you're smooching up to is where you get the perks. If I have to do that, then I don't want the perks. That is not me!

I've tried to find the Christian aspect of this, and can't see any answer for it. One story does come to mind though from the Bible. It's the story of the workers who go to work early in the morning and agree to a certain wages and work hard all day long, then other workers are hired and come later in the day and work only for a few short hours but get the same wages as the ones who worked all day. This is what I am talking about. As my friend Cliff says, "It all pays the same no matter what you do." Another phrase I hate. I know this verse has another meaning also, but it is so true. We all work with many who work less and make the same wages we do. Yet we're the ones who do most of the work. That's life! I don't agree, but who am I to change it. If they ever make me a manager there, I will make sure no one stands around and everybody does the same amount of work for the same wages. I don't play favorites! But if you work you will be my favorite. I'm dreaming!

To understand my point of all this, Americans and the world need to learn a lesson when it comes to our responsibilities and doing them instead of pushing them off on somebody else. No more pecking order, no more arrogance in our titles and no more laziness. Our world could become better.

No comments: