Sunday, November 02, 2008

Baptism


We had a baptism today and it still gets me teary eyed when one is saved. Many see it as just an emersion in water, I see it as another person we will see in Heaven. Another person who chose the high road and obeyed God's will.
It's tough for me when some children get baptized at a really young age. I often wonder if they really truly know what they are doing. How g..... (sorry I lost my thought). How great of a feat they have accomplished. They went against the devil and chose not to follow his evil ways and choose a life of godliness. I wasn't baptized until I was 15, I knew then what I was doing and how my life was going to change. I became more aware of sin and how Satan will try to make life more difficult.
That was a great day in my young life, people I knew and loved were there to cheer me on. I felt like I had won the big game. It was a great feeling to be saved from my sins and feel the warmth of loving Christians telling how proud of me they were.
So many people are being misled by pastors and preachers by not baptizing. They tell them to say a prayer and say they have been saved. What will the Lord above say to those who misled so many? I don't know the Lord's mind, but I know what the Bible says about baptism. If you ignore the holy word and lie to your followers what will the outcome be. I believe that is for God to decide and not my puny little mind to make that decision.
But I am thankful for every baptism I get to see, and how marvelous it is to see a person choose the road of glory. Today the angels were singing.

No comments: