Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



Remember to welcome strangers, because some who have done this have welcomed angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2

As we prayed today for our meal I thought about those less fortunate than me. I thought about what I could be doing for them instead of shoveling my face full of food. A book I have been reading titled "A kind of different as me." A really good book based on a true story. If you read it you will thoroughly touched.

It tells of a woman and her husband helping at a homeless shelter in Dallas, Texas. And the way they had turned around that place. It makes you look at homeless people in very different way.

As we continue to worry about the economy and a fear of having another Great Depression. There are many who don't have a clue about the failing economy or that they fear they will lose it all in the stock market. They don't, they already have lost it all and just live the life they have come to know. Taking on the streets and hoping they can make another day.

We had a good Thanksgiving today and I am very thankful for everything and for the first time I actually felt thankful and felt it. God will continue to bless us if we do the right things that pleases Him. He wants us to help those that are in need and who knows like the verse says we might helping an angel and don't know it. May God bless our giving spirit and that we give more that we can.

No comments: