Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things Of The Past I Miss.


I often look back to the past and think about the good things I miss. I believe we all look back to the past and wish we could relive certain moments. Here's a list of things I really miss.
1) I wish I could have a taste of my Great Aunt Hazels homemade bread and rolls. I miss her and that bread. It was the best! I hope she has some waiting for me in heaven.
2) I wish I could go back to the first time I saw the first Star Wars movie at the drive-in theatre. I remember that night very well, it was a cold fall night back in '77. I loved that moment.
3) I miss the times when my cousins would come to visit us on the weekends and they would spend the night. We would be so excited for them to come. Good Times!
4)I wish I could sit on my Pawpaws lap and he would read the funnies to me and smoke his pipe.
5) I wish I could hang out with my old friends from college.
6) I miss playing neighborhood football after school and on the weekends with my old friends. (I dominated them)
7) I miss me and my sister being little kids and fighting all the time. She always started it, and I finished it. LOL!
8) I miss living with my parents and they paid the bills. (Of course we all miss that)
9) I miss my Aunt Monna's omelette's, they were the best.
10) I miss all the family get togethers at my Aunt Hazels house. They had a farm, and me and my cousin Drew would just have a blast there. I miss the fishing in their pond, but I don't miss walking through the cow patties.
11) I miss living on East Paxton Ave, and we would come home from church on Sunday night and my Dad would say we were getting DiCarlo's pizza. He would spell it out P-I-Z-Z-A! I miss him! I wish I had not beaten up on him as much as I did when I was little. But my kids are getting me back from all the pain I put him in.
12) I wish I could go to work with my Papaw, and watch him work.
13) I wish me and my friend Michael could go to Burger Chef (not king) with our Mom's after ladies Bible class and get a Star Wars kids meal. Or we could play Star wars again together.
14) I wish I could hear, "Here's Johnny" one more time while my Mom rocked me to sleep in the rocking chair.
I wish I could go fishing with my Uncle Bob on Lake Erie again and watch him clean the perch fish and fry them up. Man, that was some good fish.
15) I wish I could relive every Christmas as a kid again. My parents gave us the best Christmas's ever, my Mom made every one so special.
I'm sure there are more moments I would love to relive, but I know they would go on forever. Many hang on to the bad things of the past and allow those memories to ruin their lives. I want to always remember what good things that happened in my life. Of course nothing really bad happened in my past, so it's easy for me to have so many good things to remember. But many out there had a bad life growing up. Things they don't want to recall at all, and I can understand. If you are reading this and have nothing good to remember from your past, allow the future to bring about moments you want to relive. Put God first in your life and He will bring about new memories to come about. I'm thankful for the life that God gave me and how I can extend those memories to my children. Cherish all your good memories and hang on to them because we can never go back to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lift your arm, pull your fur and remember the one who beat u up those were the good old days !! also remember what happened to your sisters first car!! pull your fur again!! love ya sis
ps keepon writin'