Monday, November 24, 2008

Entering His Rest


Hebrews 4:3 We who have believed are able to enter and have God's rest.
This was the sermon this past Sunday morning and I thought about it a lot since. I was just exhausted when I went to work Sunday afternoon and just had no desire to be there or do anything. It was a long work week and just haven't had a lot of rest. Needless to say I made it through my shift that day and just went home and crashed. I went to sleep early and just slept like a log that night.
I thought about how tired I was and how that one day we will no longer feel tired at all. There won't be no need to go to bed early or take any kind of sleep aid to help us to go to sleep. I never really gave much thought to God's rest until I heard the sermon Sunday. Yet, this wasn't really what he was speaking about though. His direction was more geared to taking a break, but we all know taking a break only last so long. God's rest is an eternal rest, a complete rest that never ends.
Go back to a certain day in your life when you just felt completely beat and think about how unpleasant you felt and how that rest wasn't enough. Well God's rest will be exactly what we all long for, never feeling tired ever. How great does that sound? If you don't believe in God, I guess this would be something worth believing in him for. If you are tired from life and it's daily activities and its grind that bears down on you. Take a look at what God has to offer after this wearisome life and remember he offers for free an eternal life and an eternal rest. How great is our Father in Heaven.

No comments: