Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Full Moon

The moon has captured my interest lately. One reason Cayden loves the moon, he looks out the window every night and says "A moon, daddy a moon." It's become our nightly ritual the past couple of weeks to go outside and look at the moon before he goes to bed. He just gets so excited to go out and see it.
Another reason is that I take for granted the light at night that God has given us. Another reason to believe in a Creator. To see a floating ball of rock and dust and to see that He made it a beautiful sight by shining the sun upon it. The moon has been a guiding light for many people of this planet. Just think about how it has led many through the complete darkness. It's time we all look to the night time sky and see God's beauty.

Well I am excited to see the Penguins going to the Stanley Cup finals. Did they ever deserve it by knocking the snot out of the Flyers by a score of 6-0. WOW! Go Pens!

Last nights post was a little cruel but it is what I feel. Remember it's Clint's thoughts and it's my opinion. You don't have to agree with what I said, everybody has their own opinions on every situation. But it's funny after I wrote the post I headed to bed and opened my Bible to read. I decided to just open it and I surprisingly landed on Romans 1: 18-32. Read it and you'll be surprised by what it says. Coincidence ? I think not! I don't hate the gay community I have friends that I have worked with in the past the were of that social group and I respect them as people. But I don't tolerate their behavior and they probably don't agree with me either. They didn't push their beliefs on me and I didn't progress my Biblical beliefs on them. It wasn't a war I was going to win and they knew they couldn't change my opinions either.

But the one girl I worked with on a growing farm here in Searcy a couple of years ago became a good friend of mine. She was gay and had a partner and she was constantly trying to justify it to me and I just listened and never said anything to her. It was as if she was feeling guilty about her choice of lifestyle. I just had nothing to say, there were things I could've said, but I just didn't get involved. I just felt bad for her and wished I could've have said the right thing to make her change her mind, but I couldn't think of anything to say to be the perfect life changer. Maybe I fouled up, but now she is disabled from a bad back surgery. And my prayer for her now is to be able to live pain free and maybe one day she will see the light and change. Who knows?

The tornado comment may have been over the top. I should've said I hope change will occur in San Francisco before God steps in. I had a comment from somebody who basically said I hate gay people because of the tornado comment. Which is far from the truth, I don't hate anybody. Those of you who know me know that's true. So "Anonymous" I rejected your comment because I thought it was inappropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell Cayden that Aunt Paula says

I see the moon and the moon sees me
The moon ses somebody I don"t see
God bless the moon and God Bless Me and God bless the Somebody I don"t see