Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What If God Turned His Back On Us?


There is a song by a Christian band called Story Side B titled "Be Still." The chorus goes like this "Be still and know that I am here."
But what if one day he decided to turn His back on us. I know that He wouldn't because He doesn't change. But what if He did? What would become of us, would we just stop and quit working like a clock with dead batteries. Or would we feel a great emptiness that no one has ever felt.
I believe one person has felt Him turn His back toward him. It was Jesus on the cross. I believe his exact words were "My God why have you forsaken me." Can you imagine what Jesus felt at that moment when his own Father wasn't there for him. The pain he was going through physically and then the pain of being forsaken by the Creator. Through the cross of Jesus we have been saved from being forsaken by the living God.
With all the natural disasters that have occurred over the past week and months it seems like the world is facing a Holy demolition. With all the tornadoes in Arkansas and across the Midwest, the earthquake in China and the cyclone Myanmar. Lives have been torn, shredded, taken and completely turned upside down recently. I know many blame God for doing these things, but the many people here in Arkansas and Oklahoma haven't blamed God for any of it. They have dismissed the loss of their material possessions and have thanked God that everybody is alive.
"Be still and know that I am here." I believe is what God is saying to all of them. He is there all the way. He's not leaving. We all need to hear our Father in heaven saying that every day to us all. "No matter what everybody is saying I am here, Be still."

No comments: