Monday, May 12, 2008

My Thought's 4 Today



I spent the day taking care of Cayden today. We were pretty much buddies all day long until I told him it was time to go to bed, then he started yelling for his mother. But we hung out all day together and played outside and went to Walmart and did our weekly shopping and he got his M&M's and he was satisfied. Never once did he cause any trouble. He never really does, he is a calm and peaceful little boy. I just love him so dearly. I just sat there today and watched him blow bubbles and grunt and talk and make his little sound effects. I just adored him all day long. I sat there and looked at my ankle deep grass and just blew it off. I have pushed it till Wednesday to cut it, plus Shannon was sick with a stomach virus so I couldn't do it anyway.
So we just soaked in the nice beautiful weather God gave us and put all things aside. I thought back to when Brayden and Macy were his size and how I enjoyed them just as much watching them play and just enjoyed them being little. Everything they do just amazes me. I couldn't live without them. The picture of Cayden I posted is my favorite picture of him, he saw it on the computer the other day and said "Fafer." Meaning he saw his pacifier, which he loves very much. What would life be like if something might happen to any of them? How would we handle it? Questions i hope I will never have to answer.
But one couple has too. I continue to read Ethan Powells website daily and read his father's blog and how hard it is for them to not have him there no more. He was a cute little boy who's life here was cut short. I put a picture of him on my blog tonight and just feel great hope for his parents and hope the sting of his departure will soon heal. Pray for them and the many other parents that are going through the same loss. Pray that they don't blame God or lose sight of God in all this. He's working for them and it's hard to stay focused on God when Satan is trying to tug them away in another direction. Pray for us young parents who are raising children in a completely different world. Pray that we might lead our children in the same way our parents led us.

No comments: