Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I hope every mother had a great day today, you all deserve it.
I'm thankful for having a Christian mother who raised me in the right way. To bring me to church and lay a solid foundation for me to build on. Thanks Mom.
I watched the Passion of the Christ movie the other night and there is one part that moves me to tears every time. Jesus is almost to the hill and just can't bare the pain of carrying his cross any longer and he falls to the ground with the cross falling beneath him and he lands upon it straight on his back. Mary was needing to be near him and as he fell she goes back in time. She recalls a memory of Jesus falling as a child and goes running after him and picks him up and holds him because he is crying from the pain of the fall. As they go back to the cross and him falling she yells for him and he finds the strength to get back up. As he rises up she is hugging him and he says to her, "Mother, I will make things new." It's as if he had to make her understand his role on Calvary's cross, like she didn't understand his pain he had to go through. In that scene it seemed he needed her touch and her love one more time. Amazing love!

No comments: