Saturday, May 10, 2008

Funnel Clouds Over Our House :(

This is what it looked like over our house about an hour and a half ago. This not the actual picture though. We had no idea anything was coming. I had been at work till 7 and I was heading to Walmart which is right next door to Lowe's. I thought the sky looked kind of odd as I was going into Walmart. As I was getting ready to get a gallon of milk, employees were telling all customers to go to the back of the store. I ran into a guy from church and he told me the sirens were going off. So I did the exact opposite I headed out the front doors. There was a huge wall cloud above the parking lot. So I dashed to the truck and went home. It was directly over our house and I could see the clouds going in a swirling motion. I'm praying and yelling at the person in front of me to hurry up at the same time.
So it passed over us and headed north to Bald Knob, from what we heard a tornado landed from that wall cloud in that town. 10 miles from us, pretty scary. That is the closest we have come to a tornado around our house. I've thanked God over and over for keeping us safe.
How about those Pens beating the Flyers 4 - 2. Three wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals. They are tearing it up right now.

No comments: