Monday, December 01, 2008

Time With My Little Cub Scout!



I have enjoyed every Monday night with Brayden over the past month. He decided to join the cub scouts the Harding Academy den. He has really enjoyed and so have I. I like doing things with him that I didn't do when I was a kid. I did a lot of things when I was little. Brayden and I are surely two different people when it comes to childhood activities. I thought since I loved sports as much as I do he would also. He doesn't really like sports very much.

Recently he has been wanting to throw the football and he does it very well. But I just don't think that will be his direction in life, where it is my addiction. We really have been trying to accomplish a lot of things in his book to get his patches. It's really been quite fun. It's good father/son time.

Fathers today don't spend very much time with their kids anymore. Why is that? I'm sure work has a lot to do with it then some Fathers want peaceful time to themselves. I sometimes wish we had more time together though. I recently have noticed that he follows me around the house a lot wanting my attention. It makes me sad sometimes that I think he really is not getting enough attention from me. It's tough to balance enough time with three children around. With Cayden turning 3 this month it's been a lot easier to have more time with all three. But I have come to see how much our children depend on us not only for their physical needs but for their nurturing needs. There is a great need for us as parents as we need to be filling our children with our love, God and time with each other.

I think about some children who have really had no relationship at all with their father. I don't know what life wold be like to not have a good and loving relationship with my Dad. My Dad called me not to long ago which is rare for him to call. I am usually the one who calls up there, but I think he just wanted to talk to me. I didn't have any time to talk because the kids were screaming and being loud. But I called back a couple days later and we talked about an hour. It was great to talk and share some time with him.

Fathers spend your time with your children and give the nurturing and love they need. I know we are all tired when we get home from work and need our space. But we'll all regret it when they grow and move away and leave the nest, and really want that time back to spend with them. May we love our children as God loves His.

No comments: