Thursday, December 11, 2008

O' Come Let Us Adore Him


Tis the season where the world adores the baby Jesus. For some this may be the first time they have been to church in a year or more, just because they feel this is the only time to think of Christ.
Many just go to Church because that is how they were raised. They only adore the Christ 2 times a year Christmas and Easter. This way they can put aside their guilt and go adore the Savior of the world. It doesn't make sense to me to only think of Jesus 2 times a year.
I remember growing in a neighborhood of Catholics and they'd tease me because I had to go to Church 3 times a week. Little did they know how those three times made me a better man, a better father, and a better husband. Church has made me a faithful person with little worries about life. I have an answer to everything that goes on in my life. A reason for waking up in the morning and know that each day has been created for me and every other Christian who calls upon our Lord. Each day is a gift not a burden. Every day I come to a new day and adore our Savior, not twice a year.
I do not celebrate Christmas as the official day of the birth of Christ but I am thankful that in the crazy world we live in that a day still exists to adore him and remember his birth. How do you spend your Christmas? Do you spend it in anger because we think other churches are celebrating it as the official day of his birth or do you celebrate it as a day we have set aside to remember our Saviors birth. Nobody knows when Jesus was born or what exact day he died because the Bible does not say. But I believe many of us are guilty of only thinking of his birth during this time of the year. I know I am! I probably haven't really thought about the birth of Christ since this time last year when I blogged about it. So I am guilty but thankful though, for if this time of year did not exist the birth of Christ would probably never run across my mind at all.
Free your minds and remember his birth and try to remember it every day if possible. Come let us adore him.

No comments: