Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christian Giving At Christmas



These three bears represent my children every year when I put up the Christmas tree. Always in the way, climbing on the step ladder and wanting to put the ornaments on before there are any lights on the tree.

But their idea of putting out the Christmas stuff is very hectic. My goal is to do one thing at a time and accomplish it first. That is just the way I am, if I start something I want to complete it before I start another project. Well they don't see it that way. They want me at the same time to decorate their rooms while I am leaning over a nine foot tree trying to put the last of the lights on the top. You gotta love them though. They are lucky they have parents who will go out of their way to make every holiday special.

Many children don't have such love like that, they have been abandoned, given up by an ignorant set of adults who only cared about themselves. Every Christmas was a blessing for me and my sister. The house was always decorated to the very best by a Mom that adored Christmas and loved her children very much. Going out of her way to be the best parent any child would die to have. Making the greatest holiday the best day of the year. Even when they didn't have much money to spend they broke the bank to give us what we wanted. We didn't need all that stuff, but it has made me bring such memories to share with my own children.

I have been writing a lot about giving to those children who don't have parents to do such wonderful things. Or children who don't have parents with much money to buy presents. That's where God's children step in and do. We will give what we can to those children who don't have what we have. If there are name tags left on the angel tree and you feel urged to take it, then take it. That urge is God pushing you to do good, to bless a child and give them the hope that someone does care and believes in helping. Santa doesn't really exist, but through kind and giving Christians he really does.

Matthew 25: 35-40 I was hungry, and you gave me food. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was alone and away home, and you invited me into your house. I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me'.

Then the good people will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food, or thirsty and give you something to drink?' When did we see you alone and away from home, and invite you into our house? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?'

Then the King will answer, 'I tell you the truth, anything you did for the least of my people here, you did for me.' - Amen!

No comments: